The Poudre Heritage Alliance and BreWater are hosting a series of Poudre Pub Talks January through March, 2018 at breweries in Fort Collins, featuring guest speakers talking about a range of subjects related to “good water.” For example, New Belgium will talk about how water is used from “farm to foam” and local water initiatives they support. And, Odell Brewing Company will focus on the pilot program with the City of Fort Collins Waste Water Division. For the full Pub Talk listing, go here.
The Poudre Pub Talks will lead up to the Poudre Pour on Saturday, March 31, 2018 from Noon to 4:00pm. The Poudre Pour will feature craft beer and natural soda tastings and appetizers; education stations and lectures; kids activities; live entertainment; an art exhibition and a silent auction. For more event information, including sponsorship and ticket sales, click here.
Here is a short snapshot of the Poudre Pub Talks:
- Wednesday, January 3rd 6:00pm at Maxline Brewing – Jennifer Kovecses – Floods and Wildfire
- Saturday, January 6th 2:00pm at Intersect Brewing – Tershia d’Elgin – Book Signing
- Saturday, February 3rd 3:00pm at Rally King Brewing – Tom Cech – Water Use, Water History, and Population Growth
- Thursday, February 8th 6:30pm at Horse & Dragon Brewing – Andy Jones – Water Law and History
- Saturday, February 17th 3:00pm at Purpose Brewing – Cultures and History – Speakers TBA
- Wednesday, February 28th 3:00pm at New Belgium Brewery – “Grain to Glass”
- Wednesday, March 7th 3:00pm at Odell Brewery – Fort Collins Waste Water Treatment
- Wednesday, March 14th 6:00pm at McClellan’s Brewing – David Jones – Water Court Current Events
- Thursday, March 22nd 6:00pm at Gilded Goat Brewing – Dr. Ed Hall – Watershed Science and Stream Ecology
- Saturday, March 31st 12:00-4:00pm at Carnegie Center for Creativity – Multiple Speakers TBA
Poudre Pour @ City of Fort Collins Carnegie Center for Creativity